Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Case of the "Southern Hospitality Fail"

And, here I thought New Yorkers were rude...


I was doing a little research on a restaurant that I wanted to write a blog review on. I've heard really good things about their food, atmosphere, service, etc. They just had an over all A+. The problem was that I couldn't find any other way there to try them out for myself because I don't drive. Then, I had a bright idea. I could just call the restaurant to see if they knew of any buses that stopped close to them. I mean they would give driving directions to a customer that needed to find their way there. Plus, this is the South, so I figured they would be as sweet as the tea... right? 


That brings us to the case of the Southern Hospitality Fail.


Case: Yankee with a Southern Heart v. Foster's Market, 2012
Crime: Failure to maintain Southern Hospitality
Charge: Misdemeanor
Arrest: Pending


Sunday, March 25, 2012


3:35 p.m.- YWASH Called Foster's Market to inquire about a way to reach their establishment by public transportation. Employee answers, hears question, then hangs up on caller without warning.


3:39 p.m.- YWASH Calls Foster's Market back, because there must have been a bad connection. Employee answers and hangs up on caller, again.


4:07 p.m.-YWASH Emails president of Foster's Market, Foster's General Manager Sera Cuni and Customer Service to apprise them of the ill treatment of customer that calls in for help.
__________________________________________________


Update:


Even though this could have been a fail on the employee of Foster's Market (it very well may have been a bad phone connection... who knows?), I am happy to say that Foster's Market has a great general manager Sera Cuni. Not only did she not pass the buck onto the employee, "I apologize for the inconvenience, and certainly it is not our policy, we would NEVER treat a customer that way!! Please give us another try and come in and visit." Ms. Cuni was kind, courteous, and professional when handling this case. She apologized to me, was quick in responding, kept in touch and offered to help me in anyway she could. 


I look forward to visiting Foster's soon, and giving a review of the service, food and atmosphere in person. Southern Hospitality has prevailed!!!


Foster's Market on Facebook
Courtesy of Foster's Market

No comments:

Post a Comment